Appropriate category of visa and work permit for foreign nationals is a prerequisite for employment in Bangladesh. Private sector enterprises desiring to employ foreign nationals are required to apply well in advance for it’s prospective foreign employees. For expatriate employment the guidelines are as follows:
- Nationals of countries recognised by Bangladesh are considered for employment.
- Employment of expatriate personnel will be considered only in enterprises, which are registered with the appropriate authority.
- Employment of foreign nationals is normally considered for the jobs, which local experts/ technicians are not available for.
- The number of foreign employees should not exceed 5% in the industrial sector and 20% in commercial sector of the total employees, including top management personnel.
- Initially employment of any foreign national is considered for a term of two years, which may be extended on the basis of merit of the case.
We process visa and work permit application for foreign nationals. For any further questions please feel free to contact us.